Friday 11 May 2012

Greek Yogurt Chocolate Cake

I have seen a lot of posts lately for 2 ingredient cakes or other variations on the boxed cake recipes. Now, I have never found the regular 2-3 ingredient boxed cake recipes that difficult to make. So alternatives that offered shortcuts did not seem that exciting.

But I did end up saving this pin from Hungry Girl that contained a collection of these recipes. Not because I finally got tired of the 3-step cake mix, but I often find myself missing eggs, one of the 3 main ingredients needed. 

Or, as happened the other day, I have an ingredient that I need to use. After finding a container of Greek yogurt in the back of the fridge that I wanted to use I decided to give one of the recipes a try, Cake Mix + Fat-Free Greek Yogurt.

Result: Not surprisingly it does work. The cake was a little more moist than the regular version but was still a good result.


Conclusion: Not the best cake ever, but more than editable, and great if you need to use up some ingredients or in a pinch if you are missing oil, eggs or water.

No comments :

Post a Comment

img.noborder { border: 0px;-moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .0); -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .0);box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, .0); border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0px; background: none; }